Originally Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die
And thats a big flaw of this system , who says you need to be a scientist to know about a nuclear plant ? I fully understand how a nuclear reactor works and how nuclear bombs work and how they are manufactured , I am not a scientist , but I understand what this things are , and clearly see their dangers , I dont think you need to be a scientist to figure out if nuclear bombs are safe for us.

You don't even (want to) understand how evolution works, let alone how most sciences work. I doubt your opinion would even be remotely useful. Do I approve of scientists working with nuclear reactors? Yes, despite all the risks I do. Whether you like it or not, solving the energy problem in the long run probably has more to do with atomic bombs that you'd understand.

Quote:
The problem is most people (like yourself) assume the people in charge will always make the proper decisions for us , when in fact , they mostly do the complete opposite.

So why don't you blame the people in charge? They are the ones making the wrong decisions, like invading Iraq.... Scientists just give their educated opinions and often this is based on solid evidence. Does this mean scientists can't ever be wrong? Hell no, they don't claim to be omniscient, they aren't Gods.

Besides, I do not assume people in charge will always make the right decisions. In fact, often they won't because a lot of them are selfish, ignorant and we do not exactly vote the most brightest to power... On the other hand, would a person like Einstein be able to run a country? For various reasons, probably not.

To vastly improve the change of making the right decisions, you need to have the combined knowledge of the scientific community, merged into one opinion. You will see that there will often be two sides and there will always be the risk of being wrong.

Quote:
"The probability of the LHC creating a black hole that will eat up the entire world is as high as creating a speaking green pig saying "ROFL"."

Depending on your definition of pig, this is clearly impossible. :p

Quote:
I dont wanna get too into this , but if you actually research , and I do mean ACTUALLY RESEARCH all the theories , you will come to the conclusion that the religions are much closer to the truth than the scientists. I will post a topic on this tomorrow or the day after when I have time , but I can assure you , darwinism and evolution are become more and more obsolete as the days go by, oh , and by the findings of scientists themselves to add to the irony.

You are being vague and seem to claim that once again science is all wrong and evil. I really doubt you can prove what you claim here. You put too much trust in pseudo-scientists the way I see it. ;\)

Quote:
And to be upright honestly about it. Six billion dollars for finding the answer to life... I think that is still pretty cheap. The answer TO LIFE. The question that bugged humankind since we were crawling in caves. I think it's far more worth than 6 billion dollars.

If wars are worth spending hundreds of billions on... this definitely is far more worth by any definition.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software