Quote:
Just that type of information, it would be slow?

As I keep saying, these questions are irrelevant at this stage in your development. Once you understand ALL the actions that your players can take in your and then you understand ALL the bandwidth EACH action.... once you understand TCP vs UDP, the different bandwidth between home and office, the way that GS does networking... only THEN should you even think of coding, not before.

For the third time this thread I urge you, turn back. I've been down the road you have, tried to start with the code and that was the only way we COULD do it 5 years ago. But today there is a ton of knowledge in books and on the net on this subject which has taken all of my errors, our errors, the industrys errors, and tried to make them better.

Don't reinvent the error wheel. Take a "time out" to do some more basic research. These questions you are having will answer themselves as you do.

Put another way, you can go ahead and think about coding right now and spend the next 2 years learning, building, and coding up to a point where you will have to scrap everything you did in the last two because now "you get it".... or you can take a few months picking up what others have done, taking notes, thinking, "get it", so that once you DO get to coding, in one year you have what you want!

Quote:
-> I don't think that the technical thing is the difficult part, but getting a lot of people who plays your game

That's the business side of things. Most people don't give this one thought when they start down the MMOG path. There is a perverse "if I build it they will come" attitude that is correct. What? Huh? What's the problem then? The problem is that acquisition is the easy part of a MMOG... if you build it they WILL come... to test it... and then leave. So RETENTION, the second part of the MMOG business model, is way more important.

Have you thought about that my new MMOG friends, have you thought about how you are going to ACQUIRE accounts and then RETAIN them? All part of the game, brother, all part of the game...