"Do some research on the H-R diagram so that when we do get to it, you'll know what I'm talking about."

I will look into it right now , and will post my thoughts on it in the new thread i'll make. Depending on how much reading I have to do for this I might post today or tomorrow ,it's past 3 am so heading to bed soon.

"The Mayans said that it would be the end of the World as we know it time will no longer exist"

I've read a lot on the Doomsday theory , though I dont think I had run into that theory, sounds interesting though. There are many theories on what might happen , some say the polar shift , that might cause the earth's crust to rotate itself over the mantle to realign itself. It's actually a possibilty , but hopefully not , since it would be very bad news for us. Then we have the end of the wobble , and we have the solstice that will align the north pole to the black hole in the center of our galaxy.

I dont know if anything will happen , it could be coincidence , it is possible the Maya people just thought having their events calendar go all the way to 2012 was enough timespan for the calendar , it's the date they calculated all the cosmical alignments were the same as their date of creation. One thing is for sure , there is something VERY strange about the precision the Mayans had in astronomy , they only had their EYES , lol , no hubble , not huge telescopes , and they knew about things that we have barely come to know in the past 10 years, that is INSANE. It is truly unexplainable , it is 100% impossible for this to have been , but they left the evidence engraved in stone , so we can't deny their knowledge.

It is very strange too , that they attributed their knowledge Kukulcan (feathered serpent), their legends tell he taught them medicine , agriculture , astronomy , and about how a civilization works in general. He was believed to have come from the waters , stayed with Mayans for some time , then left again , saying he would return in time. The strange thing is , he is described by the Mayans , and , he is a caucasian bearded man. How could this be ? The Aztecs had that same god as well , exept they called him Quetzalcoatl , but the story is very similar and he is a white bearded male as well.

And the Mayan's arent the only one with this type of god , if you go back as far as you can go , you reach Sumer , and what a strange coincidence , Sumerian gods are caucasian bearded men as well , if you dont know where Sumer is it's in Iraq , we was , it is considered to be the first civilization on earth. They also attributed their knowledge to the gods , and even have an engraved tablet that shows one of the gods giving them their plow for agriculture. This are some of the most puzzling facts archeologists have ran into , and till today many just dont know what to make of them , but there was definately something very strange happening in the past, specially when you consider technically by scientists men have been here for a LONG time (not exactly sure how long at the moment but I think it's over 100,000 years) , and yet , all of a sudden , around 5000 years ago , a civilization emerged , Sumer , and this newly formed civilization had , agriculture , religion , law , traditions , astronomy/astrology , a writing system , language , schools , monetary system , basically EVERYTHING we have today withought technology, well withought electronics , they did have their tools. Sumer and the Mayans and Egyptians are definately surrounded by mystery , and make some of the most interesting subjects of study.

But in short , the Mayan astronomy definately shouldnt just be ignored ,their year calendar is more precise than the one we have in use today , knew about things our astronomers have just come to find recently , and predicted events thousands of years in the future , and with 100% precision, there is , however , no evidence pointing to the Mayans saying the world would end this day.

Last edited by Why_Do_I_Die; 05/07/08 09:18.