It would be great to have it updated but i don't think it's a rush. I think the bone weights are only for the PRO version of the engine, right? Not that it isn't worth supported by the exporter, of course, but not necessarily a popular request...

Side by side, I'd say the FBX exporter is more 'sophisticated'. It allows to export whole scenes into WED as well as models into MED. But it is a little less documented on the 3dgs side, since is a generic-purpose. It doesn't have the useful 'Save Settings' feature, among other things. And it's a bit harder to have models correctly oriented. A tute about FBX and 3dgs could be a great idea, if anyone feels like making one.

By the way, a small annoyance is that orientation in 3dgs is non standard. It would be enough that most applications have their own coordinates, but... despite any conversion, 3dgs models have always faced to the side! That makes things harder when importing and transforming models.. unless you are used to use the side view as front view in blender and other apps... or you start coding from scratch in Lite-C in a different way (better of course) that with the orientation used in all the old templates. Or it's me who is outdated?

Last edited by eleroux; 05/08/08 05:52.