Originally Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die
Because when you look back , our real evolution as a species took place not long ago , we are talking about , 5 or 6 tousand years, more or less. Though new dating techniques are actually actually pointing to the pyramids of Giza as well as the Sphinx to being around 10,000 years old , so let's say around 10,000 years. Thats NOTHING. There are some fossils that date back to around 195,000 years , i thought the oldest we had was 100,000 but double checked on google and it's aparantly almost 200,000 years , so that means , that in all that time , somehow , only at most 10,000 years ago , we formed civilizations , what caused this rapid advancement in humans ? And not only that , but we had religions , believed in gods from the heavens , had technology , astrology/astronomy , there is a big lack of understanding of how we started becoming an intelligent civilization , and the Alien theory does answer a lot of unanswered questions.

I assume you are talking about fossils of the 'current' human species, because there are very very close human ancestor fossils found as old as 600.000 years if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
there is a big lack of understanding of how we started becoming an intelligent civilization

Actually more often it's a case of underestimating the evolutionary success of the human race when it comes to organization, intelligence and adaptation/design/construction/cooperation through trade etc.

Successful civilizations usually leave impressive monuments and other 'marks' of their technology and knowledge behind and that can be even more impressive if such knowledge got lost for a long time afterwards or seems too advanced for a certain time in the past.

It all started somewhere though and many many many things probably got shared all over the world. Take for example certain kinds of stories in religion that tends to be universal. It either has to do with the way these ideas come into existence (for example; a God for rain, please the Gods and it will rain enough for a harvest to be successful; many civilizations had such a God), or it has to do with contact these people must have had.

Having a good understanding of astrology/astronomy is no prove for any alien interference, there's no knowledge they couldn't have figured out themselves so to say.

Quote:
somehow , only at most 10,000 years ago , we formed civilizations , what caused this rapid advancement in humans ?

Advancement in technology and so on isn't inevitable, that's what it proves. You need great minds, great inventors and people with the guts and time to try and figure out things. When survival demands all your attention, it's no wonder not many new things are being discovered along the way. At least not when it comes to technology. So why did it change only this recently? It has to do with social inventions, figuring out that larger groups can be supported with different methods of providing food, dividing tasks among people most fit to do them and so on. After that, it soon became the case that people had 'free time', time that some of them spend on figuring out things.

Also, and this is quite important, figuring out how to make tools isn't as accidental as you might think. It's pretty inevitable in some cases. For example to crack nuts, you'll probably need a stone. They undoubtedly have thrown with stones too, probably have seen it break and later someone stupid picked the broken stone up, cut his hands with it and a clever person figured they could use it to cut meat or leaves or whatever.

What I'm saying is that sóme technological advancements can be slightly inevitable in a way. So it probably has been a combination of intelligence and social change and situation if you'd ask me.

Quote:
Oh yeah , and there are white people in the world , which completely contradict evolution , since if we come from monkeys, white people shouldnt exist.

Apparently you are unaware of the fact that there are both white skin monkeys and black skin monkeys on this planet. Mostly it's hidden under their hair, but to say we shouldn't be 'white' makes not much sense. In fact, there are very good reasons why some of us became white and so on.

Quote:

Doesn't this statement naturally lead to the belief that in fact, all of religion could be possibly based on technology we didn't understand and not divine? It doesn't state that it is "THE" one and only possibility, but isn't it a possibility none the less?

Just about anything goes when it comes to the possibility of theories, so it's questionable whether or not it's really all that valuable as such, but yes it's definitely still a possibility. One of many I might add and when it comes to probability, there's a huge chance it's as wrong as the infinite amount of other possibilities I guess. smile

In some cases you could say a lack of understanding of how physics and chemistry work does make it easy to believe in "magic", even though it's basically an illusion or neat trick.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software