Well, I've been away from the forums (and internet) for a couple of months now, but I've still been doing some "practice" coding in free time. I've got a couple more contributions to post soon, but they need a ... (damnit, forgot about my food in the oven) ... sorry, a bit more work first.

As I have no permanent residence, my projects are lost all the time (which is why I keep recreating the same things :P - So this time I have a little "2.5 D" game.

basically, this is much like what the older RE games did. It uses preset camera positions to paint a high-quality rendering over simple geometry; basically taking a picture of the level. The best part of this being that I get to make some intense shaders that are probably useless for realtime applications, but awesome for graphics.

Currently I'm trying to optimize a Per-Pixel normal mapping shader. After it's done I'll throw it to the crowd to mess around with, and will see if it's usefull or not.

Another project I've been working on is the ragdoll code (as can be showcased by Helghast). The main issues are mentioned there, and I haven't found any solutions yet, but will gladly post when I do.

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer