Quote:
Maybe some other alien races sustain by helium and not by water.
Impossible. Thats like saying that maybe some species survive without gravity.

Hydrogen only has 1 proton in its outer shell, helium has 2 protons thus making it a noble gas. It simply doesn't bond like hydrogen does. Its a noble gas and would not want to bond with anything.

No matter which end of the universe we traverse to, there will only be a fixed amount of elements and they will only have fixed amounts of particles.

Speculation is fine, but it is only a wild guess unless you can answer the question: how is it possible?

Until then I am afraid you are just a faith-believer (but there is nothing wrong with that-I am also a faith believer) grin

Its the same with carbon-based life forms,we are carbon-based becuase of carbon's atomic structure and bonding characteristics. We have extremely, EXTREMELY complex macromolecules within us, so complex that some of them and their physical interactions almost escape our comprehension. They simply wouldnt be possible if it were not carbon-based. There is only one carbon atom.

If you could change the very fabric of matter and the way atoms interact then perhaps you would be on to something but changing the fabric of matter is only for the holy men.

Quote:
a totally different lifeform evolved that needs totally different conditions than earth has.
but which different conditions? You have to be specific, otherwise as spock would say...."captain, its illogical." Anyway I'll stop arguing with you now, you have great questions though. smirk

edit:ChrisB was posting at the same time as me so sorry for the repetition.

Last edited by TriNitroToluene; 05/27/08 16:20.