Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
the general interest in this contest seems a lot bigger than usual. contests should be like this more often; not exactly this, but some sort of limitation.

right!

Originally Posted By: George
Clemens: don't worry, the winner will be the best game, not the most cryptic piece of code. I have managed to create a small painting program (you'll see its source in Aum74) using a tiny function, 4 semicolons and a trick, so everyone has his / her chances.

Sounds very interessting, I'm curious about it (hopefully it won't be a concurrent in that contest wink ). But what I meant is that if the size of the game isn't really delimited like it's the sense of the contest, then the bigger projects probably will be the better ones. But JCL conceivably cleaned that up ^^...

Originally Posted By: jcl
- The basic goal was restricting the source code to only 100 commands. Now of course you can use many tricks to avoid semicolons - by redefining them to another character, or by placing commands in comparisons or the like. However in such a case we'll just count the commands. So please apply some common sense.

As soon as all obscurities are resolved (-> so what exactly counts as 1 command) - the contest can become really good and absorbing, like I did imagine it at the beginning! great!! smile