Quote:
No unknown elements has never been found in the thousands meteorits falling every year on our earth

Considering that most items that fall to earth is from the same "source" that made earth, from the same primeval oven that made our solar system, this is not too surprising.

More important in my eyes is the fact that EM radiation from the edge of the visible universe seems to behavive exactly as here. This gives credence to the idea that our Local Laws of Physics are actually Global laws.

Of course there is the catch 22 that maybe EM radiation follows the same rules because we INTERPRET the results following those rules and maybe it's an illusion. But I see no way short of GOING to these stars physically to clear this up.

Quote:
As ChrisB said life can be based only on carbon

Here's my problem with this statement and what a random NASA response is:

I see no evidence that they are taking our physical environment into account. I would say that the more accurate statement would be:
GIVEN a planet with our gravity and atmosphere and
GIVEN a planet with our temperature ranges and
GIVEN a planet that is still "alive" with tectonics then
CARBON is quite possible the only molecule that life can exist on.

BUT
CHANGE the gravity and atmosphere and
CHANGE the temperature range and
CHANGE the tectonic activity then
CARBON MAY NOT be the moledule that reacts mostly in this environment.

That is to say, I don't know that any studies have been made (or can be made) at trying to replicate Carbons molecular uniquenesses with other elements in other conditions. I have a gut feeling that you can set up a fake non-earth like planet, we will find that life still exists but built around a different element that has Carbon's life giving properties but only within that range of parameters.