Quote:

It is ABSURD to believe our technology could be the most advanced in the universe ,we have only had it for like 100 years. LOL . You all seem to forget that we are the new generation that has computers and dvd players , just as your father and mother if they had dvd players and computers and video games when they were kids. We barely have had cars for arounnd 100 years give or take , same with electricity. All of our technology IS NEW , it's baby technology

Yeah I agree, that basically was my point. I mean, you hear a lot of scientists make claims about alien life and they try their best to not make themselves look ridiculous within the scientific community by looking at it from the perspective of our own technology, our knowledge of physics and so on. All because they 'have to go with what they know'.

I know why they do this, but I don't see why people think such assumptions or claims can ever be accurate when you're dealing with all these unknowns.

Looking at these questions from the perspective of our own technology only makes sense if you assume that those aliens are not capable of long interstellar travel, just like us and have solved certain problems in more or less exactly the same way as we did.

But then from a practical point of view the whole thing becomes rather pointless, because a.) those alien civilizations on about the same technological level as us, are pretty unlikely to be able to visit us anytime soon and b.) it's unlikely we would find their planet and civilization without traveling around ourselves... because as was stated here quite a few times, the galaxy is huge and what are the odds of finding this planet even if we would know in which 5% of the galaxy we would have to look? Mankind could go extinct without ever finding anything, eventhough the whole galaxy might be crawling with life.

Quote:

But never the less , the possibility of Alien beings coming here is very very very very likely. If we were to develop the technology to travel faster than light , the first thing we would do is go visit our closes star to see if there is anything there. And if there would be , we would undoubtedly fly around seeing what it is , and if they were intelligent and advanced, we would be cautions , but if they were primitive , then we would tech them , doesnt that sounndu very similar the our own history as intelligent humans ?

I don't see how it is extremely likely that aliens would or could visit us. I mean, it's difficult to say whether in reality it's likely or not likely if there are civilizations out there with much much much more advanced technology than we have. After all, scientists do agree that solving all our (or perhaps it's universal enough to be called 'the problems'?) technological problems isn't exactly easy.

I tend to agree with the technology part of how we would immediately look around on other planets and stars for life.

Quote:
but if they were primitive , then we would tech them

We could. It's a possibility for us to do something like that and it would even make sense, but I don't think it happened on our planet in the past (as you seem to suggest). The Von Däniken theories and the like are pretty much all based on a tad of fantasy and pretty far-fetched interpretations, even though it's somewhat of a possibility (that means I don't disagree with the idea per say, I disagree with 'his evidence' for it).

And again though and this is the same for alien species, even when traveling at light speed, what are the chances of actually finding life even when the galaxy is crawling with it? We are pretty young as a species too, compared to the estimated age of our universe, let alone our say 100 years of useful technology in this respect.

I think that when it comes to interstellar travel and so on our species can still be categorized as 'very primitive'.

Quote:
"But that is the catch-22: is the universe truly uniform or is it uniform because that is how WE interpret it?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
This is your scientific and proper coherent reasoning you use that you speak of ? LMFAO
Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
So then the stars , they arent stars , they are only stars because we interpret them as stars ?
So if I count 10 pennies in a row , they arent really in a row , i'm only interpreting them that way ?
Don't be a retard.
It is uniform because we can see it and anylize it , and can conclude it's patterns.

That's where human psychology (philosophy, language, symbolism, definitions and all that) meets and influences science's objectivity. That's all there is to it. In fact, in a philosophical sense I could argue that those pennies are only pennies by their definition we gave to it and that we could have defined rows as columns instead making the interpretation very arbitrary and in a way 'fake'. I've said it many times before, but there's no such thing as absolute truths, especially when it comes to things we have defined ourselves.

Quote:

You man , you are really the type of person that deserves to get the electric chair. You use twisted reasoning and fake arguments which in fact contradict all of your previous arguments for your own arguments sake , and seem to think it's all good. But any argument against yours you immediately consider bogus , you call all the evidence false or inappropriately interpreted , yet , you put a stupid comment like that. Which shows , you don't care , you don't care to look at other people's interpretations of things , you only care about what you think , and are not even mildly interested in actually considering another person's view on the subject.

You my friend , deserve to be hung from a tree , showered with gasoline and lit on fire. You are a worthless member of society , and a parasite to the human race. It is a shame people like yourself are able to trick younger inexperienced minds into believing your empty ideas , it is a shame we live in a world were the science community's fat heads have grown to the size of Jupiter , and it is a shame the citizens of the world don't hang this fat headed piss drinking , shit eating hermaphrodites.

Lol and then they say I am the psychopath. crazy Where's the rage coming from anyway? Fear in that your own ideas might be wrong? wink Lol.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software