Lol, my exe size is ~120 kB. Not bad for a 10 kB source wink and, yeah, the source is only in parts readable.

Though, I don't like people complaining that they can't extract useful code from it. With a nice search and replace tool plus knowing how to resolve wrapped together functions and so on, you can retrieve the full source code - as Vent already said.

I guess that 90% of all the entries feature "casual" programming stuff. Nothing fancy. The real achievement is to find away to make it stable and usable in the smalles scope as possible. The way you have to go is to make a data driven application. E.g. through entities and their skills/strings set in WED, material color settings in MED (I dont mean embedded effect files), or abused model entities to store lots of numeric data, like cutscenes, audio volume information or even state transitions... there is so much room to discover.

So I am really looking forward to see the sneakiest programming hacks featuring a creative way to abuse the engine wink -- while providing an outstanding game/app/whatever.

Wasn't that the original intention of the contest? I think so.