Quote:
you would still argue ( no doubt about it ) because you wont never admit to be wrong

It would be silly to admit one is wrong until one is proven wrong... especially when you choose to work around my fundamental critique -- choosing .1c vs. .9c -- for the last three posts! smile

Quote:
Do you want to increase the speed from 0.1c up to 1.c ?

In terms of a simulation, from .1 c to .9 c, yes, I thought I made that clear.

Quote:
Do you think it is a smart idea ?

Since it get's the probe to it's destination 9 times faster, then yes.

Quote:
Are the flaws so obviuos ?

If you are limiting your probes to .1 c in your simulation, then yes.

Quote:
You give for granted that a further increase of the speed or in general of the technological level is, in any case , a benefit

All I said is that if you go faster, you reduce the search time, nothing more.

Quote:
Mr Bjork run an other simulation with 200 probes and 8 sub probes

And came up with a search time of 1.5x10^7 vs. 10x10^9.

Which proves my point that the values for the parameters of the simulation are completely arbritray and there is nothing to stop us from changing those parameters to acheive whatever timescale we wish! Bjork wanted a large time scale so he cooked up his simulation for large scales; I want a small time scale so I can cook up his simulation for small scales. If the simulation were true, it would be irrelevant what we want but that is not the case here and that is my problem with drawing gradiose conclusions based on it.

Again, nothing in this paper is conclusive. It is a overly simple simulation that is based on many speculative assumptions. It does give insight however IF we go at .1 c and IF we limit ourselves to 200 probes and IF the we don't construct new probes. But we don't know that aliens (or ourselves) will limit themselves to any of these parameters.

This simulation is not the answer to Alien question. I'm sorry if you can't see that Alberto, but I've tried my best to point out the scientific flaws in Mr. Bjork's analysis. If you continue to believe him, then that is your personal perogative, but it won't hold water in any public discussion as we are having.