I was inspired last night, watching a movie (forget the name) but the weapons emmitted an almost invisible pulse, like ripples on a pond, this was abvoiusly a post production FX, but from what I have seen of Ello's FX demo this is possible......however from what I have read in the manual about mapping a view to another object, only reference I can see is view.bmp....anyway, it appears that although this is possible, only one extra view can be rendered at any one time correctly, so lots of these ripple FX would not be possible......

In Ello's demo the players view is completely skewed, i suspect this is a combination of a wide camera arc, to get the wrap effect and additionally some kind of doughnut bubble model that surrounds the player and skews the view further.....

I have searched through the manual and cant find much in the way of view rendering, though the main website DOES say fisheye lenses....... I can't seem to find any reference to it. I am sure I am being a noob and missing some key place that everyone knows about, but me, where all these questions are answered, so please fogive my ignorance......

I will now trawl through the AUM's and see what I can find, I may PM Ello and ask for a few pointers.....

Thanks again

I had a good belly laugh as you suggest bupaje, btw I have read many of your posts eleswhere, great work, I often read your very worthwhile comments, keep up the good work.....

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss