Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
If that is the reason to not make a game then you will find much bigger barriers in the future.

I didn't mean this a total barrier but as something I really dislike and as recently Lone Wolf hobbyist accessibility is important to me. So being forced to seperate 19 subtools (well 18 without the webbrowser) on four desktops with only five possible layouts and a lack of the option to resize the windows to my needs is a big disadvantage imo...

I remember the time where I created a complete episode of 9 levels for doom (yes the first doom) with an old DOS editor, not much feedback and long compiling times. The tutorial was too short and the interface was totally different.
But nobody did complain.

Well I don't see your argument here. I've also worked with some old tools and know quite a bit of what you're telling here but what has that to do with a modern piece of software. GUIs aren't something new at all and together with the immense increase on possibilities, features and options a good management for all this is crucial imo...

Maybe Shiva has a nice concept for this and maybe you just have to spend some time to realize this (we'll see about that as I haven't given up yet) but the said points about what I don't like about the interface cripple down the workflow imo and well - make it a bit "ugly" to use (and that's imo a rather big issue as fixing this is no huge task)...

Shiva looks great to me, well thought and understandable. But I also have some doubts when I try to get into it: Many informations are spread in French and I don't understand French.
But I prefer C4 anyway because of the good scene-management there.

Yeah - although I think there's not much difference to the German/English situation you have for 3DGS. I luckily understand quite some french... wink

Enjoy your meal
Toast