Quote:
Does a better tool set makes the over-all process so much more faster?
I mean, I ask my self, does it worthwhile having all those nice tool-sets?

It depends on your project. Creating terrains, placing models or even "painting" them on top of your terrain will save you much time.
A good in-game material editor saves you much time. You will see that, when you place models in a level and when they do not fit to the rest of the environment.

Modelling and texturing is always the same. But creating real living worlds is another story. I experienced a lot what a difference it can make if your world editor reflects real-time changes. Level editing goes much faster.

At the other hand you don't need it that much if you make a 2d casual game. But even then a good editor makes a big difference. Look at the TGB editor of Torque Game Builder. You can paint your collision-zones, place all elements, graphics, preview everything in real-time and test particles. You can test and prototype games much faster.

And I agree with Amy that your architecture visualizations could be even more interesting and easy to watch if they simply run in the browser of the client.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft