I think it would be convenient if God didnt exist so that we could get away with our sins, but I think it is more apt to say that we are dead, rather than God...

You seem to think that none-existence and death are synonymous. In that view, all matter is alive because of the fact that it exists.

Quote:
1. assuming someone, or something, created us in a certain way. what makes us/you sure that he/she/it is still alive?
God talks to me in my soul, I feel bad for anyone whom He does not speak to.

Quote:
2. is it important to you that he/she/it is still alive?
Sure, it is vitally important to me because God is the hope of my everyday struggle, if God doesnt exist then I only have myself to rely on.

Quote:
do you rather believe that God's spirit lives on in everything that surrounds us, but god itself is dead?
I dont know, thats kind of strange. I sort of see matter as something that is under my control, I dont see God's spirit being deposited in something I can bend or break for my own uses.

Quote:
4. can gods die?
Goes back to the definition of death, death is not non-existence. Can gods become non-existent? No, if God is the origination of matter, and matter cannot be created nor destroyed, then certainly the origination of matter cannot be destroyed.

Quote:
5. can God (he/she/it) die?
Simple answer. No. God is the reason for existence, you cannot have the original cause of existence become non-existent. It doesnt make sense.

Quote:
assuming that God is the spark that set the universe into existence, is it possible that the conversion from energy to matter is the creation itself (big bang) and thus God sacrificed himself to create the universe?
That makes no sense to me.

Quote:
7. assuming 6 is true, will god resurrect when the universe collapes into a single point?
This question is exponentially more confusing than the previous one.

Cool ideas, but only if you dont think too much of them, sort of like an x-men comic. grin

I think fundamentally your questions return to the comcept of infinity. We understand brith and death in the light of beginning and end, beginning and end are part of the continuum of time. Death is meaningless when there is no cessation. God live in the eternal past and the eternal future, so He never came into existence, because existence presupposed that there was ever not God. existence is meaningless without the means to bring things into existence, and God is that original cause.