Quote:
all i know about god comes from stories that are some thousands of years old.

Maybe more like hundreds of years old as many things are likely to have been revised and changed over time as things must have been outdated.

Quote:
i agree on sebcrea's "how could we be so arrogant to believe that god still cares about us personally".

I don't mean to be rude, but it's hard not to be when it comes to this subject, so for that I apologize in advance. When I'm honest I think it's even more arrogant to blindly assume there must be something like God and therefore demand all kinds of laws to be in effect because of it. From the general hate towards gay people (I'm not gay myself, but it doesn't make sense to be actively against it either) to abortion, all in all pretty insane what gets declared in name of a God nobody has ever seen.

Quote:

1. assuming someone, or something, created us in a certain way. what makes us/you sure that he/she/it is still alive?

Even when we really were created then there's no reason to assume that being 'must' still be alive in my opinion. Perhaps Gods can die as well, as I don't think there have been events that could be descrived as divine intervention by a God. So while in theory it is possible that he or she is not dead, I don't think it's actively interested in 'us' anymore if it still is alive.

Quote:

2. is it important to you that he/she/it is still alive?

No, I have my reasons not to believe in God, it could however become important when I would find strong evidence that totally contradicts my ideas on God.

Quote:

3. do you rather believe that God's spirit lives on in everything that surrounds us, but god itself is dead?

Difficult to say as there's a difference between the 'abstract' God idea of a being that's everywhere and nowhere at the same time and the idea of God as an actual supernatural being.
I think the abstract God idea has more truth to it though.

Quote:

4. can gods die?

According to their definition they should be able to, but in reality it remains to be seen if anything ever included in the definition of God makes sense when it comes to the actual 'being'.

Quote:

5. can God (he/she/it) die?

Same as above, there's no difference between the Christian God or the bunch of Hindu Gods in my perception.

Quote:

6. assuming that God is the spark that set the universe into existence, is it possible that the conversion from energy to matter is the creation itself (big bang) and thus God sacrificed himself to create the universe?

I don't think so.

Quote:

7. assuming 6 is true, will god resurrect when the universe collapes into a single point?

No, probably not. But I mostly believe this is not possible because there's little to nothing known about what God exactly is. Perhaps 'God' was simply an electrical interference that caused the Big Bang and set everything in motion, I don't know. It may sound funny, but if you go with the books "God" seem to be able to be anything from a person to a ray of light, right?

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software