Meh, saw this thread and decided to reply (once), it's possible this is all I will say in this thread. laugh

Originally Posted By: broozar
1. assuming someone, or something, created us in a certain way. what makes us/you sure that he/she/it is still alive?

Simply put, evidence. I refuse to believe that everything that happened in the universe, and what still happens now, all became because of chance. In the immortal words of Albert Einstein "God does not play dice.". There are facts everywhere that are evidence of God's existance.

2. is it important to you that he/she/it is still alive?

Yup. God helps me everyday, when I am down he comforts me, when I need help he provides. In my life I have been shown evidence of God's existance and it is very important that he exists. I also believe that all things are made OF God, not just created by God, so if he did not exist....well, neither would anything in our universe.

3. do you rather believe that God's spirit lives on in everything that surrounds us, but god itself is dead?

The question contradicts itself, if God lives in all things, then his existence is definate.

4. can gods die?
5. can God (he/she/it) die?

I will answer these two together, being that God is the only God:
No, simply put. The bible states that "Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass away" (Mat 23:35), it also says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"(John 1:1), simply speaking God is his word, so based on those two statements, God's word will never die and neither will he.

6. assuming that God is the spark that set the universe into existence, is it possible that the conversion from energy to matter is the creation itself (big bang) and thus God sacrificed himself to create the universe?

Ummm......what? When God walked into our dimension, it's what caused the "Big Bang", it was creation, why would it be sacrifice?

7. assuming 6 is true, will god resurrect when the universe collapes into a single point?

Assuming 6 is false, this question is irrelevant.

- aka Manslayer101