Quote:
@Christianity Statement: That would make it false christianity. Christianity began from the disciples of Jesus, it moved on to the rest of the world from there, but if you take Christ out of Christianity, then there is no Christ-likeness, which is the definition of Christianity as I said before. It is not only american Christians who believe this, it started with the roots of Christianity. Any other alternative is false and is actually a mockery of the word. smile As for the existance of Jesus, there are reports from roman officials that prove his existance, such as Pontious Pilate.

noone, at least not me, doubts christ or his existence, and even more, i believe in him/his teachings as far as they concern me, my relationship to others, hope, love, etc. as soon as they refer to, let's call them, supernatural phenomenons, like being god's own son in flesh and blood, i neither bleieve or disbelive in it, because my narrow human mind cannot prove it nor accept such a statement blindly. that ambivalence does not concern the crucification and the easter events as key elements of christianity.
and, think about it: does christ's teaching lose anything if you take away the wonder working, the god's son thing, etc? no, not a bit.

you are both right concerning the christianity statement. as phemox pointed out, it rather depends on where you live. in europe, churches are almost empty for the all sunday service, but overcrowded at christmas, easter etc. they most probably have forgotten the true meaning of these events, and yes, you could call it false christianity, mpdeveloper_B. nevertheless, i suppose christ himself would be the first to forgive them, because they they haven't found their enlightment yet.