Blast, everyone started commenting this weekend.
Anyhow, I managed to put all the results in a multidimensional array, but it only features string types, no integers. So you'd need to convert to a number manually yourself. I'm still trying some things out so no new release yet.

You can also link to your own database with the query db_connect(), instead of making use of the test database placed on my own server.

Also, it didn't appear to work if you do not have libmysql.dll. This library you can download from internet, but I already included it in the next release. I saw Destop did the same for his mysql plugin.

@atomix:
Originally Posted By: atomix
MySQL is not interested in Game Development, and their license for using the dll in your own distributable program was over $10,000.00 USD
Is your point that I'm not using the open source library in a legal way? I'm using a C API which appears to be free of charge. Aside that, you still need a MySQL database to get things running. So they make profits anyway.
Quote:
It is only free to web hosters and not to software developers
And I make use of the services of my webhoster, so what's the problem? If there is, I'd like to know but I think there's no problem at all smile.

@oxy & frazzle:
Quote:
send that data over a dll which Joozey already made for you
Why yes, but the functionality to connect to your own database currently lacks grin you can currently only connect to a test database on my server. But when I'm done with the new version it's possible to use your own database as well.

For a project I was trying to get a list of servers done, and I practically managed to do so. You'd still actually need the use of cron jobs (script execution every x seconds on the server) to clean the database of false addresses. If your game crashed while it was on the server list, your game did not have the chance to remove itself from the list again, so you get some garbage in the list. Of course this doesn't occur alot, but you need something like that to keep the database clean. (another solution would be to remove the address when a client tries to connect to it).

@Frazzle:
Thanks for the kind words as always ^^.

@D3D:
I think all I have done is creating a different way of receiving the data, which A7 made possible. But I actually didn't try out your solution. I just wanted to try if I could do this, and baked it into a DLL for the heck of it ^^.

Last edited by Joozey; 08/04/08 12:45.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs