I wouldn't create a FPS like the Conduit with any engine unless I had a team of people. Since most everyone here is either alone or with a couple people, none of this should matter, as you should not focus on these types of games.

God of war is a very art intensive game as well; and it could be done in A7. This is just lightmaps on nice geometry, reflection shaders, and general atmosphere. But don't let that give you any ideas, you will need a very large team of experienced personal because the art, not the technology, will take years to create. Think about the amount of animation that you will need to do to compete. And if you had the means to do this, you would also have the means for a very expensive engine which would give you a better workflow and a faster renderer.

If you really want to do a fps, make it an arena style game where you can re-use levels over and over again. But this has been done so many times... you'd have to think of something different. Just remember to do smaller tighter projects, then get the ball rolling and go from there. I made a mistake creating too big of a project, and had to pay for it with years of work, and it's still risky. But in the end, you learn alot no matter what happens.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/