Originally Posted By: ATOMIX
Joozey: I greatly appreciate your reply . As long as you don't distribute any of MySQL's code you are fine. But if your dll uses any of their dll's or lib files you better talk to them and get a license in writing. I assume you are creating a game to distribute to the piblic. Listen to a guy with over 30 years in the programming industry. Everyone is sue happy and the worse the economy gets the more they sue.
It doesn't bake the libmysql dll in, it just functions as a bridge to lite-c. You will need to have the mysql.dll located at your game folder yourself. So if you plan on distributing a game using libmysql.dll (downloadable from the mysql site), you will need to get the license (if there is such a license at all), not me wink.

Originally Posted By: ATOMIX
I still can't get your system to work as all of my MySQL databases are on external hosted web servers and I need to be able to include a link to them in order to open them. I refer you to the php statement required to connect:
Because the current downloadable version only connects to a database on my server. I was planning to let people who don't have a server themselves register their own small database at my server, and then my dll would connect to it when they use the authentication details I gave them. But a function to connect to an external database was requested earlier, so I implemented that in a new version. Which I didn't release yet :P. So no wonder you can't get it to work to your own database.

Originally Posted By: D3D
Take care with PHP/MySQL on those shared hosting plans. I would recommend read essential php security by chris shiflett. One of the books that made me switch from shared to dedicated at once.
I'm not sure if I understood. Which shared hosting plans?

Last edited by Joozey; 08/05/08 21:52.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs