Originally Posted By: ghostryder

There you have it. Itense X is done. There's no 'development time' as you claim- he's just waiting on the panel system (an advertised feature) to be finished. Basic stuff. Yes it's template based- templates are a part of A7 and advertised as such.

He claims the documentation is ALMOST done. For a complete product, there has to be a complete documentation - so obviously it's not done, after all.

I don't know which panel system is meant either. I've never read about some sort of panel system.
As far as I know there is some simple edit panels at runtime feature, which always was "experimental".
Conitec always says: Don't plan your game with features that are listed on the forecast page. The panel stuff is not even listed there!!

Quote:
Panel buttons animate on touch. Panel elements can use var instead of fixed numbers for all parameters.

That's neither a new panel system, nor are this features which prevent you from making a game. You can't say the engine is incomplete because of such really nice improvements missing.

After reading again your quote I think Larry is talking about the way the templates handle panels - that's not an engine feature. If this is right he could as well write his own panel code, but it makes sense to stick with Conitec and cooperate here.

Last edited by Firoball; 08/06/08 11:35.