Ok, let's get this out of the way right now for it started with JCL and it's snowballed: I don't see WHERE, anywhere, I have stated that my project is a failure.

I have created a viable MMOG solution which right now suffers from a "incompatible engine" error that pops up for no reason and is unpublishible (works in development but not when we publish). Thus, by using only session_connect and the send functions, I have created what is a few bugs short of an MMOG.

And in order to do this, I had to turn off all GS Dead Reckoning AND entity update routines... the former because it was useless as anyone will tell you and the latter because it update all entities in a server (that's really MMOG friendly there!).

As well, we had to create a dll so I could store a players handle in a DB because of GS's notorious "last digit non-precision" when outputing vars outside the GS engine which meant that we could not store a Handle accurately using the native GS code.

As well, I had to create a series of lookup tables and other DLL to handle the fact that in my architecture, what I believe is the ONLY MMOG Architecture with native GS, clients and the "server farm" are all bottlenecked at the one true server, thus making a single failure point at the server (which anyone will tell you is bad network architecture design as there is no fail-back option).

So you see my friends, it is not because my project is a failure that I ask for these changes but rather because it is a success IN SPITE OF GS NETWORKING that prompts me to this thread. wink

So please, don't read between the lines and please stay on topic; you too JCL: this thread is not about my project, it's about the network engine, it's past, present, and future functionality. There is no need to bring my project into this "as a failure" to discuss this point though I am more than willing to share any aspects of my architecture and code to help you understand my point.

And furthermore Spirit, it's not that the functions are buggy. Again, please stay on topic. It's that the entire GS network architecture is flawed, barely MP capable, and not conducive towards MMOGs.

If you don't believe me, consider that using GS Networking, with all functions working perfectly, would have the server updating every entity about every other entities position every client_update tick. Does that sound like a MMOG friendly architecture?