Quote:
Is it "possible" to make an 1000-player-MMOG with 3DGS using the Acknex Network Engine? It certainly is

How do you know Michael?
What Network experience do you bring to this thread?
What do you know that we don't?

I'm not being facetious here or trying to make a fool out of you, but if you claim that this is possible with NO PROOF, if you are saying this with no experience using the GS net engine, then you are blindly touting the GS line (as I did for far too long) without any real practical knowledge of what the engine is or isn't capable of.

Quote:

Is it "practical" to make an 1000-player-MMOG with 3DGS using the Acknex Network Engine? No.

It's possible to create a car bridge made out of balsa wood... but it wouldn't be practical. And thus if not practical, then balsa wood should not be advertised as "bridge capable".
Quote:
Use DLL's, period.

This philosophy is like buying a new car under the premise that you can drive it off the lot but then finding out that you have to augment or replace the engine yourself before it will even run! If a car company did this to you, would you shrug it off and say "It isn't that big of a deal."? wink

If GS states "MMOG" on their features page, then I expect that GS is capable of MMOG, not GS + DLL, not GS + my own network.. native GS. That's how it's presented, that's what I expected, and that's where I was wrong.

And to make matters worse, the only way that several of us working on MMP have found to MAKE GS work is buy turning off just about every high level Network feature GS offers... so what does that say about GS and it's advertisement as a viable MP/MMOG solution?

I just want truth in advertising or better yet, more focused attention on the GS MP community and what all of us are saying: GS Net Engine needs replaced!