Quote:

This philosophy is like buying a new car under the premise that you can drive it off the lot but then finding out that you have to augment or replace the engine yourself before it will even run! If a car company did this to you, would you shrug it off and say "why make such a big deal out of it... all cars need "some" fixing before they can run!? wink

If GS states "MMOG" on their features page, then I expect that GS is capable of MMOG, not GS + DLL, not GS + my own network.. native GS. That's how it's presented, that's what I expect

The fact is, if you are not happy with the GS Networkengine use the other free solutions (GSTNet, an own plugin). Of course if there stands on the Conitec page that you should be alble to create a MMOG with the native GS Networkengine and you aren't because this is technically impossible than thats bad, but I would say you have to live with it and do the best with your situation. And the best is to move to an other networksolution wink
Just think about Conitec has to implent a new networkengine, than a lot time will pass until they are ready with that. All the other more necessary stuff where no good solutions are available for free (a ingame mapeditor) will take much longer. And what can you do in this months of time? Nothing because you have to wait for the new networkengine.
The fact is that there are much more people out there who don't need a MMOG network engine but a ingame mapeditor and it would be unlogical if conitec wouldn't do what the bigger group of people wants. Sadly that's the truth so I would think about another solution (like GSTNet, or an own plugin).
And by the way, writing an own plugin won't take long. Trust me and you will be absolutly happy with that thing. Another positive point is that if you find a bug, you can solve it imediatly and don't have to wait for others to fix it wink

Dark_Samurai

ANet - A stable and secure network plugin with multi-zone, unlimited players, voip, server-list features,... (for A7/A8)!
get free version