Lol, fastlane69 has finally lost his mind.

But you know what, he is right, the native 3DGS multiplayer networking doesn't work efficiently over the internet. Sorry Conetic, but that's the truth.

Make us a deathmatch demo that we can connect like 16-32 players to running around shooting and killing each other over the internet that runs smoothly and I might change my mind. Oh yes, in the real world not everyone has a LAN line speed connection over the internet, the native multiplayer networking should handle this, although the host should have best computer and connection speed.

I sit here thinking, how do you know it really works Conetic if you don't even have a demo made that shows it working for like 16-32 players over the internet? Surely you have a Shoot Em Up demo you have tested the networking with over the internet you can share with us. If not, then that leads me to believe you tested some simple multiplayer code over LAN and never really stress tested anything over the internet at all, which is very sad if true.

I am not even going to discuss MMO's here. Just prove to us that 16-32 players in a multplayer demo that involves more that just walking around works first.

Not that it matters to me, we are working outside of 3DGS networking now, but the fact that you (Conetic) are not listening to your customers and actually putting them down for telling the truth and stressing that they "Failed" pisses me off to no end. Maybe they "Failed" because they tried to use your product as advertised and your product "Failed", which when it comes to 3DGS networking I think I have a pretty good idea of which "Failed".

Let's say I make a multiplayer game and advertise that 32 players can play it, maybe I should do months of test under different circumstances (connection speeds, etc) and make sure 32 players can actually play it over the internet before I release it and advertise it a such? If the game will only run over LAN or if everyone has to have a T2 internet connection speed or better, maybe I should put that on the game box label?

If you don't have the time to even read and take into account what problems are being presented to you in the forums and dismissing them without proving that the issue isn't true, then maybe we don't have the time to waste with your product.

Later,
Loco

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games