I am very pleased at what I am reading. I am also currently trying to create a mmorpg game, and have been since LocoWeed has published his intro to Multi-player. My goal is to have a game that can overall support 500 players over one or several servers. I have spent weeks on tweaking multi-player code to have clients join a server and be totally satisfied with it. I read all over the forums that 99% of MMOg games fail, but I am not giving up. My hope is that with the update of the engine, we will be given more and more commands to help us get to our goal. I for one would like to see more commands implemented into the game engine to support production of games like these.

my request to help me finish my game;
- What others have posted on server to server communication
- Lobby features
- More security
- File transfer function from at least Server to Client or Clients
- Static variables we can adjust to the main script to let us optimize multi-player games.
- Some way clients can create a model on their client machine and have the server know it was created and broadcast and update that entity to other clients. (maybe a command like ent_createClient)
- A way of determining if the packets made it to the client without any loss or distortion, without having to write code to echo back
- An easier way of sending data/file/var to a single client without broadcasting to all clients
- Any other commands to simplify or speed up the communication between Server and clients, for games played over the internet that support more than 8 players.

This would be my request to finish my game. I still won't give up on creating this game, I have faith in Conitec that they will start gearing towards Multi-Player (more than 8 players) friendly support...So count me in Conitec for someone who is creating this type of game.

Extra Note: I know 500 players is not possible or reasonable at this time, and certainly not efficient. The only thing I can do is sit back and wait patiently until there is more support for this.

Last edited by Garrettwademan; 09/03/08 17:39.

Current Project: Computer Repair Simulator
https://www.computer-repair-simulator.com