That's the problem exactly, it's possible to give an entirely wrong explanation to things that, for all you can SEE, is perfect in its explanation, but once it is truly examined it becomes obvious it isn't the right answer. You're leaning on your understanding, and confusing the 'easy' answers with correct ones.

Now about making god out to be 'of this world' and in our image, etc.: He's god. He pervades all existence. He is us. Therefore the passage you quoted contradicts god. The fact is that he can make a rock, no? He is a part of all existence, no? Therefore, he can make a heavy rock, and in some fashion, him being GOD, can lift this rock, if he so chooses. Ya can't just be GOD, and able to do anything you wish in any scenario, and then have someone write in the bible that there's a certain light we cannot see him in. He should be in all lights. Besides, Jesus is the 'image' of a corruptible man. (You're going to say NO, HE'S NOT CORRUPTIBLE. Yeah well neither is god and we're in HIS 'image', no?)

I would be FINE if the nature of god were stated in the bible as contradictory, to our understanding because our understanding doesn't work the same as god's existence. If it were stated so, I would have much less to doubt about it all. All the problems I find in the bible would be fixed. It would be the... oh what did you call it... the only valid precondition?

~I'm pretty sure I'm uncertain.