"I guess we can conclude that no one can therefore know anything for certain in your worldview"

Precisely my point. There is no such thing as knowledge, not even the knowledge that there is no such thing. We cannot trust our own minds.

Therefore, we have bigger questions than 'is there a god'. Like, is there ... anything. The difference between myself and a 'believer' is, whatever I'm saying, I'm saying it with the perspective that everything I say can never be truly correct. When you say something, you say it with certainty, and that I envy, but I will never be able to assume that the answers given to me by other, equally flawed human beings, are the right ones, considering that not even I have any real idea of the truth. Being human though, I cannot help but reject the idea of a god. At least, the god that human beings have fallibly described to me through text and word of mouth. I must see it through the eyes of reason to understand it for myself to put the words into any perspective. That, again, is why I am myself far from perfect.

In the end, pretty much all of us seem to NEED certainties, but where we differ is this: you search for black and white, I search for contradictions to both. It's neither bad or good, it simply is, but any belief not tested to the full extent with the willingness to be wrong, is not a belief, but an assumption, based on dust and fancy.

~I'm pretty sure I'm uncertain.