Originally Posted By: Marcus729
The Hebrew texts of the Old Testament and the Greek text of the New Testament were divinely inspired in my belief. I also have questions that some of the texts included in the New Testament should even be considered scriptures. But I stand alone on that leg with in the Christian community as far as I know and I am not any knid of authority on this subject.

There are many more people that think certain scriptures should be included and others excluded. It's just that nowadays people make a great fuzz about changing the Bible, it's not as easy as it used to be.

You should search the internet and libraries, there are actually quite a lot scholars who suggest to adapt the Bible on many points. They are also just about the only religious people I know who really admit the errors and contradictions that can be found in the Bible,

Quote:
While I believe the Bible to be the word of God, ie divinely inspired, I do have many questions involving contradictory parts of the Bible. I have many problems with these passages being explained away with simple phrases like who can understand God or yes both statements that seem contradictory can be true, we just don't understand how. These statements undermine Christian believability.

Wherever human error can be found, we can be sure it's either totally man made and made up or extensively edited by man through time. Considering the amount of different authors I doubt the whole 'they were divine inspired' thing anyways, but regardless of that.. it simply contains too many errors to be divine,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software