Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
Quote:
[quote]Christianity teaches Jesus Christ is God in the flesh.

I think you're misunderstanding... as 1.) Jesus is called 'son of God' many many times throughout the Bible and 2.) Jesus felt betrayed by his 'father' or at least by God.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your words in taking things too literal, but explain how he then is supposed to be the same God. I think describing him as 'angel' would be more appropriate if anything.

Isa 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David...

This prophecy about Jesus calls him "The mighty God, The everlasting Father".

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God was manifest in the flesh. It's not taking the Bible too literal to read that just like it stands. Of course, this is a mystery and must be tempered and understood by the Spirit of God. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Cor. 2:14)

1Jn 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Who laid down his life for us? This verse says God did.

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

God's blood here (Jesus shed his own blood for the sins of the world).

These things are not contradictions, but revelation that Jesus is God. And before someone "jumps my case" about using circular reasoning or "using the Bible doesn't prove anything" let me remind you that Tobias and Phemox have been referencing the Bible in several posts (albeit indirectly), I'm just giving you the chapter and verse for what I'm quoting. Phemox apparently doesn't mind referencing the Bible when it supports what he believes. Interesting how that works.