Well I couldn’t hold myself any longer, so I decided to post. Since this is my first post, maybe a little introduction is in order.

I’ve been programming for about 8 years now, and 4 of those been involving game programming of some sort. I hold a degree in Computer Science and I’m currently working on my second degree at the age of 27. I’ve been involved in many small projects from game programming to industrial work and consulting. I’ve met many people I consider to be ‘professionals’ during my days, CJ Morack I consider to be one of those people. About 3 years ago I picked up the 3DGS but found it to be too impractical for my needs, I prefer open source engines with good documentation to work with so I currently reside with the Garage Games community for my hobby projects. That’s one of the reasons why I never really became involved with the 3DGS community, but I do take my time to read the forums now and then. I suppose I could be considered one of those professionals who lurk in the dark and just read boards here and there. With that said, let’s get down to business now.

Fastlane69, my post is aimed towards you specifically. I’ve seen your posts many times on these boards, and most of those times the posts have been about flaming some poor 15 year old kid who have problems defending themselves. I ask you, is it so bad that these young kids working on these games make mistakes and brag a bit too much about things they don’t know about? I’m just curious how you, as such a professional teacher as you consider yourself, can have such a bitter and psychotic attitude towards teenagers? The more I read your posts on these boards, the more I’m convinced you really need to back off and give people a break. It’s true I don’t know you in person; I only know what you post. But from those posts, I can’t help but to look at you as some 45 year old bitter man that never managed to accomplish much in his life and now have to resort to lecturing kids on a forum involving hobby game programming on a low level.

I’m sorry if this comes off as offensive, but I feel that you aren’t helping the community at all with your ways, nor are you making the conitec boards a fun place for a relaxed discussion among young hobby game makers. As a experienced teacher as you claim to be, I figured something like that should have been obvious to you long ago.