Originally Posted By: TWO
Have fun & good luck! wink

Thanks TWO! =D

Originally Posted By: cro_games
I hope that you will finish it..good luck..

I do have problems finishing things sometimes. ^^; But my friends are helping with this one, so hopefully I'll have a motive to keep on working. =)

Originally Posted By: mpdeveloper_B
Looks pretty good, keep it up. I love old arcade games, an I think this is a fantastic idea.

Thanks MP Developer! ^__^

Originally Posted By: Firoball
Brilliant textures.

Thanks! =D They're just default textures. =P

Originally Posted By: frazzle
For a retro style remake game, the level design is simple as it should be to my opinion smile smile
Have fun developing wink wink

Thanks! I tried to make the level design pretty simple and bland, because there are going to be sprites and things flying all over the place.

Originally Posted By: Firoball
Excellent level design aswell, with a lot of love to the detail.

Thank you! ^__^

Originally Posted By: ChrisB
And even the lighting is AAA+.

Thanks! =D

Originally Posted By: ryangregory
lol. The sarcasm meter is through the roof.

Relax, it's my first game. T__T

Originally Posted By: Error014
Masna, please don't be discouraged by the comments you've received so far, I know it can be disheartening to read mean or cynical replys for something you've spend time on.

Thanks for all the advice Error... I really appreciate it. =) I know not to be discouraged by such things... Besides, I only spent 10 minutes on it so far. ^__^

I am still a beginner, with not a lot of experience, and agree that the level is non too impressive. It IS very unplanned and simple, but it's just a fun simple little project to try to better my knowledge of how the programs work, of course with the help of tutorials and workshops. I will also take into account your advice about having themes, and planning things out before you go to work, which I have been doing with my animations, and will soon start doing with my games.

I pretty much ignore any comments like ryangregory, that are clearly non-constructive.

Originally Posted By: lostclimate
I personally think its a great goal for someone beginning, its a better start than most of us get off to..

Thanks Lostclimate! It is somewhat too ambitious for a beginner, but that's never stopped me before! =D

Originally Posted By: Blade28081991
Just ignore the sarcy (if thats a word) comments , and they dont mean anything by it, just remeber that all we are being shown is a room with different textures on the walls, try experimenting with lighting , and making your own textures, and maybe go a bit wild and give the level some colour , and make it stand out.

Thanks Blade! I don't think I'm going to change the textures at all, because there will be so many sprites and thing flying around, the background might be too distracting and take away from it. But then again, I'm not the expert here. =)

--------------------------------------
Finished with the ball and paddle. Obviously no improvement on the ball needed, but the paddle might need work. Anyone have any opinions?