Originally Posted By: fastlane69
I, F69, formally wish creationism to be taught in the classroom. But only if we also teach evolution during bible study. cool

Small problem, bible study is not a class in school laugh

Why does it matter if the christian belief of creation is taught? How much flak does Greek mythology or Egyptian teachings get when brought to the table?

Quote:

For if lack of scientific support is enough for a theory to end up in a science classroom, then lack of religious support should be enough for a theory to end up in a biblical classroom.

That also leads to the question of why is a theory, which has yet to be proven with little evidence (two skulls which could be birth defects [I know it sounds far fetched, but it does happen laugh ]) treated as if it is scientific fact. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the scientific thing to do in proving a hypothesis is finding enough evidence to prove the theory, if there isn't enough proof, it isn't made law and is discarded. Why then is evolution treated as a law? Simple, it's an easy answer to questions, which really means "we don't know". If I am wrong about the evidence give me more please.

As for biblical texts, there are texts that date back to the times they speak of, it's not just stuff that some catholics wrote up, the texts were dug up out of caves, if carbon dating will be used on skulls use them on the artifacts. There are also writings by Roman officials such as Pilate among other people. As for creation, there is spacial evidence that such a thing could have happened, it has been examined more and more lately by select scientists. There are facts that prove that our solar system was designed to harbor life on this planet, things just seemed to be perfectly put into order to allow life on this planet, and for us not to be continually pelted by comets and asteroids (which Jupiter blocks). There is enough evidence in this area to at least consider the subject. Who is to say that the big bang (also a theory, but i accept the possibility, being a theory and all) wasn't the creator himself doing such a thing? The question is, why Isn't most of this stuff taught, or at least examined in a scientific way?

Quote:
Thus, in my proposal, if a biology class spends one week, one hour a day examining creationism as an alternative to evolution in schools, then the bible studies must dedicate an equal amount of time (6 hours) to presenting evolution as an alternative to creationism in church.

How about it creationists? Doesn't this seem like a peaceful and equitable way to resolve our differences?

I'm not sure that a church would teach evolution, but I agree that both should be taught in school. I also think that most biblical studies should be history, and perhaps creationism as science, as well as evolution's (and by evolution I mean the original theory, adaptation) facts. Evolution isn't taught much in school either, so i think it would be fair that both be taught in science. I think it should be up to the pupil to decide what they will believe.

- aka Manslayer101