Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Quote:
Do you mean that in Australia some schools are allowed to teach the kids that evolutionism is a false theory while creationism is the true one ?
absolutely not. science is still compulsory, and only evolution and the big bang are taught in that (with regard to the origins of life and the universe, anyway). but we can do religious studies as well, separately.

julz

I like that, however, I do think that if theories such as evolution and the big bang are being taught, why shouldn't creationism? As it is, there isn't much scientific evidence to PROVE evolution or the big bang (send me links if I'm wrong, but from what I've studied this is what I gathered), so why not teach another subject that doesn't have huge scientific evidence either.

I don't mean this to say that the big bang or evolution is false, I don't know that, I just think if theories are to be taught in school, so should religious theories. We learned about native american, Greek, Egyptian, Roman, and some Chinese religious beliefs, why not christian? It seems to be such a threat to scientific beliefs. I personally believe that the earth took billions of years to create, on that note though:

The Bible doesn't say that God just up and created the whole earth from scratch, it says that the earth was already there, but without form, meaning it was rugged with no life. Which means the earth had been there a while, no one said the earth just popped into it's position in space in seven days...also when the bible refers to days it refers to 1000s of years, possibly more in the seven creation days, hebrew translation says that God "began to create" on each day, why does that sound so odd to so many?

(sorry for double post)

- aka Manslayer101