Quote:
Why does it matter if the christian belief of creation is taught? How much flak does Greek mythology or Egyptian teachings get when brought to the table?

Excellent point, but it's all about what offends people when it comes to this.

I don't think Christians would like it when we would treat their religion as a mythology just like all the others. Basically this is what you're asking for, if you'd want it to be taught in the same manner.

Quote:
That also leads to the question of why is a theory, which has yet to be proven with little evidence (two skulls which could be birth defects [I know it sounds far fetched, but it does happen ]) treated as if it is scientific fact. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the scientific thing to do in proving a hypothesis is finding enough evidence to prove the theory, if there isn't enough proof, it isn't made law and is discarded. Why then is evolution treated as a law? Simple, it's an easy answer to questions, which really means "we don't know". If I am wrong about the evidence give me more please.

Evolution is treated as theory, not as law. But it currently still is the 'best there is', so yeah I can see why you think it's considered 'law'. There's plenty of evidence to prove most aspects of evolution, but not all. There are definitely things that aren't known yet.

We should be glad that science in general admits this and treats evolution as theory based on facts.. but not as flawless law. Many critics of evolution seem to totally discard this uhm paradigm as if it doesn't exist and as if scientists pretend to know everything.

Quote:

As for biblical texts, there are texts that date back to the times they speak of, it's not just stuff that some catholics wrote up, the texts were dug up out of caves, if carbon dating will be used on skulls use them on the artifacts. There are also writings by Roman officials such as Pilate among other people.

Many of this is questionable at best, it's pretty unlikely that the Bible has any true historic value. There's actually more evidence for the contrary. Sure, some texts are old, but that doesn't mean that the stories told are really historic. Apart from that, the first texts that do seem to be authentic are at least 150 years after Jesus written down and some of the stories predate the Bible itself by a long long time... so, how can a story happen twice? Or even more often as many other cultures seem to have a similar story, predating the Bible by many years. Or was the Bible inspired by for example Sumerian mythology? I think the answer is dead obvious.

Quote:
As for creation, there is spacial evidence that such a thing could have happened, it has been examined more and more lately by select scientists.

While I'm not sure about what exactly you are hinting on here, it still doesn't mean it has anything to do with divine creation as mentioned in the Bible. It basically means we still have plenty to discover. Don't forget that from a logic point of view, there has to have been a moment in time where there was nothing before something. At least.. I think so. Perhaps it's too difficult to grasp a scenario in which there has always been something, but still.

Quote:
There are facts that prove that our solar system was designed to harbor life on this planet, things just seemed to be perfectly put into order to allow life on this planet, and for us not to be continually pelted by comets and asteroids (which Jupiter blocks). There is enough evidence in this area to at least consider the subject.

Complexity of a system is no proof for divine creation or intervention. In fact, there's no proof for design here, it just turned out to work as it is. In hindsight it doesn't say anything about whether it's coincidental or designed.

Quote:
Who is to say that the big bang (also a theory, but i accept the possibility, being a theory and all) wasn't the creator himself doing such a thing? The question is, why Isn't most of this stuff taught, or at least examined in a scientific way

There are as many theories as there are different ideas on the subject to be honest.

In our schools a lot of theories are actually being taught during religion classes. Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Christianity and so on. I'm sure the Spaghetti Monster got left out on purpose because it's mocking the whole thing (it did get mentioned during classes about 'agnoticism' I think, not sure), but we've even been taught about the Intelligent Design theory. I think this is great, but we've never been taught 'creationism' as a serious alternative to evolution for good reasons!!

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software