Originally Posted By: AlbertoT
Quote:

It is ridiculously stupid to leave the questions of the universe in the hands of scientists

We are not talking about the universe

The original question is :

Should creationism be taught in schools ?

In other words :

Is a biology teacher allowed to claim that evolutionism is nothing else than a theory while creationism might be a possible alternative ?

The answer is : no

The scholastic programms must be decided by a scientific commitee and they must be the same for all the students, all over the country
Fundamentalists may be disppointed but the plain truth is that 99.999 % of the experts believe in the evolutionism thus evolutionims only must be taught in schools

Nobody prevent religious people from claiming that universe has been created by God in seven days provide they made well clear that it is just a matter of faith without any scientific evidence

This must be valid for government owned school but also for private schools, run by religious people

One again

Education is not a right
Education is a duty

You're saying that the reason evolution should be taught in school because the majority of experts believe in evolution? And I suppose if these "experts" believed the earth is flat or that the solar system revolves around the earth you'd have all the books change theories?

You cannot base what should be taught on democracy, if an unproven theory has right to be in books and taught that way, so does our belief. It has just as much right to be there as you do to post in this forum. Besides, your estimation is wrong, it is not %99.999. See this page here, pay close attention to Darwin's statement. You seem to forget that Darwin wished to retract his theory before he died, but it had already gotten out into scientists hands. Darwin's original theory on Adaptation can be proven, I fail to see any evidence that can be counted "applicable" in evolution's stance. As I said before, give me links, if you think I won't read them and at least consider them, you are wrong.

As for the seven days, I said, according to a book I read on that, the original text states that God BEGAN FORMING the earth in seven days, it does not say he just up and CREATED the earth in seven days. Too many people get this mixed up, the word says that the earth was void and without shape, meaning no life, and he BEGAN to FORM the earth and create life, the earth was already in place at this time, there was already a moon rotating, and nine planets in the solar system.

- aka Manslayer101