Quote:
You're saying that the reason evolution should be taught in school because the majority of experts believe in evolution?

The academic experts have tested this concept of evolution again and again. With scientic methods. Using facts and knowledge. What speaks for it, what against it. And then they counted the things together. Very often one and one is two.

That the concept itself gets proven again and again is the normal science way, and doesn't mean the concept is generally wrong. There is always the chance that a concept fails, even when it is a very small one. And even the maker of a concept has the right to proof it from time to time. Disprove it by an experiment or new facts may change a concept completely. Proove it by facts and experiments steel it. That's how science works. Always check again. That's also a kind of evolution by the way. In the end, when an apple always falls down then there is a very high chance that there is gravity.

Or with other words: when so many species acts by evolutionary rules then there is a very high chance that there is evolution.

You don't like this theory? Then disprove it! Bring me the facts. Do so and you will even be a famous person. Err, no, "God is almighty" is not a fact to disprove the evolution theory. "The bible says" neither.

There is a difference between knowledge and faith. Knowledge can be proven. By experiments. Trial and error. You can calculate it. Faith can not be proven. You have to believe. There are no facts, no knowledge, no checking the concept, just faith and dogma. Thinking not allowed.

There are countless examples where the faith collides with provable facts. I just remind at the flat earth concept here. May everybody by its own decide how to handle that.

But i would say keep the teaching in the hands of people that teaches current proven and repeatable knowledge, not faith. This knowledge may even be wrong. But when it is, it will sooner or later corrected by somebody. That's science. Facts is what counts.

For me creationists are medieval fossils that tries to turn the wheel back to keep their power. Faith was and is a way to control people. And that is why it shouldn't be teached in school. We've seen a countless times where it leads to. Rejection, crusade, witch tracing, war. In the name of god.

Last edited by Tiles; 10/13/08 09:33.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de