Welcome to the forums. smile

Quote:
I'd just like to mention a book that I have just read called "The Moses Legacy" by Graham Phillips, in which the author attempts to recreate the bible in history, specifically Moses. According to the author Moses was two people spread across several decades, and the Mountain of God is not Mount Sinai, but a much more ancient site in the ancient kingdom of Edom (Eden anybody?). To me, it's these authors who show little or no religious or scientific bias that can go a long way to proving (or disproving) the origins of our religions and the Bible in particular.

Yeah, I've heard about that theory before. It's definitely something that sounds quite plausible to some extent and interesting for sure. In a somewhat similar fashion there have been many more studies about biblical characters, for example about the importance of Mary.

Edom doesn't seem to refer to the biblical Eden though, but instead to early Jordan in the middle-east. I have to say though, depending on how far you look into the history of the entire group of biblical stories... Eden can mean many things, from a certain place between the constellations, to just about any random good looking and fertile place on earth,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software