Im just stating that soon you will be an archeologist, at that point you are no longer a guy on a game forum, archeologists are a sort of scientist, and you should be willing to look a facts completely if you are going to be a scientist. Im not interested in that type of science for the reason that it is too full of opinion, but you have to sort through texts,legends, stories, ruins, coins, languages, etc. to arrive at a theory. So therefore I am surprised that you would so easily come to some of the conclusions you seem to arrive at too quickly.

Now here I have every_place_in_the_Bible where 'four corners' is used to describe a locality,as an archeologist I would assume you would be interested in Biblical things because the texts describe writings from centuries ago. Please read carefully:

Quote:
Isa 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Quote:
Eze 7:2 Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.

Quote:
Rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

OK. So these texts were written by 3 different authors, Isaiah and Ezekial lived around the same time but were not contemporaries, but John(rev) lived in about 60 AD. Each one describes the four corners of a land mass. However, look closely at the Ezekial reference:

Quote:
Eze 7:2 Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.

Here he is talking about the land of Israel as having 4 corners, did the land of israel have four corners? No. So the reference to four corners in this context simply means the 4 cardinal directions, or is just a loose colloqial term to reference the area of a locality.

Thats all. I hope you understand this point.

So anyway I didnt want to insult you, but if your are going to paint a picture of you being on the 'rational side' while Christians are on the 'space cowboy' side, I can understand you desiring to use the scientific method, and use your mind and research for finding things out. I wish more people would have your kind of patient curiosity. I also understnad how sometimes it can be difficult to try to be scientific when you are surrounded by people who believe in an invisible God. grin