Quote:

Can commerical users access camera.bmap at all? ->

Nope, gives them a reason to want pro.

Quote:

Do shaders have access to the screen texture?

What do you mean by screen texure? Are you refering to a view entity sprite or the actual backbuffer that gets rendered to?

Some things you could do, turn off the camera or try setting camera.bmap to a screen size texutre (warning, some vid cards limit render texture sizes, but you can probably do the same trick you are using now). You should be able to apply a material to the view entity that has a shader effect (just ask ello, he does it all the time).

For the non-pro people, upgrade. J/K. One thing you can do that will kind of get you some blur type effects, is to create a second camera (or third) and set it to transparent, and to a higher layer then the default camera. Then in a loop, set its x/y/z pan/tilt/roll to the camera's. Then change its arc/aspect to be slightly off from the main camera's. This will give you essentially a double render of the image, and with the right values, a decent blur look. Not sure how the second camera render will affect it.

As to the soft filter type shader, heres an idea i had.

Do it in three passes, first pass will be a slightly larger version of the model, using a soft color, and feathering the alpha at the model edges (based on the normal). Second pass renders's as normal. Third pass will need to be slightly smaller then the model, and be similar to the first pass, but somehow blend with the previous pass. If anyone thinks that might work, feel free to try it. I would if my time wasnt so limited, as I barely have time to read the boards.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience