Michael, your post really gave me hope because after some stuff I've read over the internet the past couple of years had me writing this game off before it actually got into development... So I tried to download the demo, only to find out there will be NO demo released and I thought.. that's a bit fishy... So I googled some more and that's what I found out..

Quote:
Quote:
Can you kill everyone inside the world? And by everyone, i mean just that.. No key-Npcs bullsh*t like in oblivion..

Yes, just with a very very few exceptions like your own father.

So, no then.

I also found out you can't kill kids. In fallout 1/2 you could disembowel small innocent girls with a plasma minigun until there was nothing left, arms and legs flying everywhere..
You could also kill every main NPC like your Overseer, resulting in an alternate game ending (obviously..)

Quote:
Quote:
your Player attributes directly influence your dialogue options? In fallout1/2 if you had Intelligence 1 then all dialogues would be like: "If Megaton goes boom you give Chosen One Money?"

Yes, they do indeed. I just discovered that yesterday infact when I got some more skills in Intelligence. If you have more skills in charm or other ones, you get other options aswell.

My research ended in disappointment here as well. Intelligence 1 doesn't make you talk like a retard in the entire game and completely change the course of the game since 90% of the quests you'd be locked out from since no-one could understand you.. (the bug men come for the moo moo's!) It just changes a couple of options here and there. lame frown

Quote:
Quote:
Can you kick a rat in the groin?

If you use unarmed combat, you ocassionally will kick. So yes laugh

But can you specifically call an attack on the "groin"? Fallout 1 taught us that big green scary mutants fall down as easily as humans with a carefully placed kick on their charlies. :P

Quote:
Quote:
Can you get ass-raped by a big, green supermutant?

Yep

Seriously? :P Well that's one point for fallout 3 :P In which scene exactly do you get the honors..?

Quote:
No, they are actually very authentic and very real (except for some "tunnel snake" dialogs in the beginning".

That's two points for Fallout 3... They definatelly seem to be better than oblivion.. It seems as they tried too hard on the profanity though. Just because every single NPC sounds like a crackhead from the Bronx doesn't make it Fallout worthy.

Anyhow, I know I'm nitpicking but I'm a huge Fallout fan and after I looked around today, I know this will be as bad as when Larry 8 got released without Al Lowe in it (Larry's creator). People would see my nickname and say "Oh yeah, larry I loved that game with it's funny mini-games and stripping chicks..." The bastards ruined me nickname frown

Anyway, I won't be buying this. I'll save my money for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 which are being developed by their original devs..

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!