Originally Posted By: LarryLaffer

Quote:
Quote:
Can you kill everyone inside the world? And by everyone, i mean just that.. No key-Npcs bullsh*t like in oblivion..

Yes, just with a very very few exceptions like your own father.

So, no then.

I also found out you can't kill kids. In fallout 1/2 you could disembowel small innocent girls with a plasma minigun until there was nothing left, arms and legs flying everywhere..
You could also kill every main NPC like your Overseer, resulting in an alternate game ending (obviously..)

The problem with "thenadays" and "nowadays" is, that if they would have made children killing possible, they would have never been allowed to release the game. And even if, they would have been sued in a matter of hours by hundreds of mothers who come crying that their little sonny is killing small girls in "that video game".

However, you can kill the overseer. No problem, I did that my first time around and suffered some consequences. Even a tad later in the game when I tried to return to Vault 101.

Quote:
Quote:
your Player attributes directly influence your dialogue options? In fallout1/2 if you had Intelligence 1 then all dialogues would be like: "If Megaton goes boom you give Chosen One Money?"

Yes, they do indeed. I just discovered that yesterday infact when I got some more skills in Intelligence. If you have more skills in charm or other ones, you get other options aswell.

My research ended in disappointment here as well. Intelligence 1 doesn't make you talk like a retard in the entire game and completely change the course of the game since 90% of the quests you'd be locked out from since no-one could understand you.. (the bug men come for the moo moo's!) It just changes a couple of options here and there. lame frown

Oh well, a point for you, maybe they dont change the game as much as in the previous games, but they still do. But see it that way. There are THOUSANDS of dialog options in the game. Much much more than in Fallout 1/2, and every single one of them voiced. Just the sheer amount you would have to change just for every possible ability combination would be nuts. Not considering that you would need 2 DVDs to install the game. Even now, all the voice acting is around 2 GB, just the voices!

Quote:
Quote:
Can you kick a rat in the groin?

If you use unarmed combat, you ocassionally will kick. So yes laugh

But can you specifically call an attack on the "groin"? Fallout 1 taught us that big green scary mutants fall down as easily as humans with a carefully placed kick on their charlies. :P

Quote:
Quote:
Can you get ass-raped by a big, green supermutant?

Yep

Seriously? :P Well that's one point for fallout 3 :P In which scene exactly do you get the honors..?

Quote:
No, they are actually very authentic and very real (except for some "tunnel snake" dialogs in the beginning".

That's two points for Fallout 3... They definatelly seem to be better than oblivion.. It seems as they tried too hard on the profanity though. Just because every single NPC sounds like a crackhead from the Bronx doesn't make it Fallout worthy.

Well, not exactly. I took the rape and kicking thing in a not so literal sense.

The problem once again is in the legality nowadays. You just CANT release such a game.
I mean, look at GTA3, they had so many problems just because someone enabled a hidden mode that enabled you to have SEX with prostitutes! Can you imagine what scandals and legal problems Bethesda would get if you get raped by the mutants, kill children or specifically target the nuts of someone?

I am sure they would have if they could have, but I am sure, someone will come up with a Mod some day to enable all this. It's just, bethesda cant. And you also you wouldnt want the company who made the game you are enjoying at a given time to get in troubles.

----------

Anyway... Im disappointed after I finally finished the game. IT ISNT OPEN ENDED! And I havent finished all the side quests because I thought I can finish them later. Thats soooooo disappointing!

Last edited by Michael_Schwarz; 11/02/08 18:50.

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku