Originally Posted By: broozar
when i went to the games store some days ago, i saw two piles of fresh pc games, one was far cry 2, the other fallout 3. after a short thinking (and having a look at the system reqs :P ) i went with fallout 3 (the fact that i waited for this game almost 7 years and far cry wasn't exactly a game that i'd take with me on a lonely island played a minor role in this war inside my head). now you make it sound like it was a mistake.

does anyone have those 2 games and can compare them?

Both games are very much worth their money, both games really give you good value for money.

There are only about two negative things I can say about both games;

FarCry 2 has enemies respawning at places you've been before. So... this means if you visit one place twice, you'll have to defeat the same guys twice. Quite annoying, but it makes sense as it would become boring otherwise.

Fallout3 isn't open ended even though it sort of gives you the impression it is. It lacks a bit of the good old Fallout humor and isn't that over-the-top at times where it should have been. It's kind of a shame, but it's nitpicking. Times have changed and I guess a lot of the old 'joke' stuff would only mean adding difficulties to getting the game published.

Both games have their quite memorable moments and are really fun to play. I bought Fallout3 first because I expected it to have more depth, but Farcry 2 followed (very) soon.

In general it's quite noticeable that developers seem to 'care' more and more about casual players though, so don't expect hugely challenging games here, especially early on,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software