Here is a better version of the translated manual.

---

LEVELS

Every "screen" needs its own level. The camera can only move to a certain degree in my code. Place the camera (insert position, you know) and apply the "hero"-action to the player. Check FLAG1 and the x- and z-positions of the camera will be synchronosized with the ones of the player (useful in long levels), check FLAG2 and the camera will always face the player.

OBJECTS

Insert the object in your level. You don't even have to assign an action (also that makes it possible to manipulate it later), but it's important to apply a number in skill1 (i'll call it "ID" from now on). Check FLAG1 and you can take the object. Check FLAG2 and you can talk to the object.
GIVE IT A NAME
Open the "names"-file with Notepad (or any other simple texteditor). You can insert the names of the object in this file. The name of an object is on the place in the file given in it's skill1. I know, that sounds confusing but it's really easy. It just means that the object which has 4 in it's skill1 will get the fourth name in the file. So if this is your file:

Code:

Peter
Andrew
Mouse
Elephant
Weird Programmer

Then the object with 4 as Skill1 will get the name "Elephant"

Next, open "watch.txt" and insert the line the players says while watching the object. It has to be on the same position than the number of skill1!

The verbs ("look at", "talk to" and so on) will be placed automatically.

--

DIALOGS

First, insert the object, assign an ID and then give it a name as explained above. Check FLAG2 and give it a special Name (the wedname, you know) - the name has to be the same as the dialogfile we are going to create - just without the extension (.txt), which is going to be added automatically.
After you have done that, create a txt-file with the same name. Writing dialogs is a little confusing at the beginning, but it's rather easy and you'll soon get used to it (i hope so)

The dialog itself is divided into CHAPTERs. Every chapter includes one or more lines of the entity and some (up to five) answers for the player. You have to define a chapter on the beginning. You do this via "chapterx" where x is the number of the chapter. The dialog starts at chapter1. Note that there is no chapter0 (because that's the end of the dialog) - The next line is what the entity says. For example:

Code:

chapter1
Hi it's me!

Note that you can't use ",".

If you want further lines talking of your entity, just place "e:" before it:

Code:

chapter1
Hi it's me!
e:Yeah you know me the talking shadow!

There are some other possible instructions:
e: -- Adds another line for the saying entity. Already explained
do: -- executes a line c-script. Example:
Code:

chapter1
Hi it's me!
e:I'll make you small now!
do:vec_scale(player.scale_x,0.1);

wait:x -- Waits x seconds and continues then - Example also including do:
Code:

chapter1
Hi it's me!
e:I'll make you small now!
do:vec_scale(player.scale_x,0.1);
wait:3
e:Well - okay. I'll undo it.
do:vec_scale(player.scale_x,10);

if: -- after that you include an condition like in c-script (you don't need the brackets) - the next line will only be executed if the condition is true. Note that you have to use the same if several times if you want several lines to be only executed then. Also you have a predefined array named adv_var with 500 positions. Example:

Code:

chapter1
Hi it's me!
if:adv_var[23]==4
e:I believe we have talked already about the game...?
wait:3
e:Did you enjoy it?

ANSWERS:
After you are finished with the lines of the entity, you insert all the possible answers. After the answer you write the number of the chapter in which the dialog continues after that answer. Note that "0" will exit the dialog.
Example:

Code:

chapter1
Hi! It's me!
Hi there! I am the player!
You know that I don't like you?
Oops I thought you were somebody else!
END

After the last possible answer (up to 5 are possible) you have to write END. In this example "Hi there! I am the player" will continue the dialog in chapter2 and "You know that I don't like you" will continue the dialog in chapter3. "Oops..." will end the dialog. After this you would just define the next chapter and start writing it! Chapters doesn't have to be in the right order.

If YOU as scripter want to start a dialog, set "needb" to the chapter where the dialog should start and "start_dialog" to 1.
--

INVENTORY

If you want an object which you can take with you just place it in your level and set FLAG1. Open the file "inventory_names". Insert the name of an IN C-SCRIPT DEFINED BITMAP (in your wdl-file). As usual, it's position has to be the same as the number in skill1 (you can use "dummys" like "nothing" for objects which won't appear in the inventory here). These objects need an action which removed them after you took them of. You can use "simple_one" for that

If you want to use something with an object, the object needs an assigned file. I explained that process in "DIALOGS" - You can use the dialog-file or - if you cant talk to the entity- you have to define a new one
Add "use_xxx" and in the next line write a C-Script snippet which becomes executed then. You need the ";" here

Example:
Code:

use_002
player.invisible = on;

--

PLACING NODES FOR THE PATHFINDING

The code for the pathfinding was written before the "how-to" was explained in AUM - It's not that good, but... oh well

Okay, insert an entity in your level and assign the action "node" to it.
Insert a "Node-ID" to it (NOTE: The node-ids and the "real" ids may be the same. The node-ids of several levels may be the same, but every node-id may only occur once in every level) and the next skills (up to skill10) contain the node-ids of the nodes reachable from this node.

--

CHANGING LEVELS

Insert the "door"-entity (doesnt have to be a door of course) in your level and set skill1 (the unique id, you know ) - also you have to insert names and "watch-text" of it. Then insert as name the filename of the level to load (without extension). Insert for skill2, skill3 and skill4 the x, y and z-positions of the player after the levelchange

--

SAVE AND LOAD

Please don't use game_save and game_load. Instead, use "saving_number" and "loading_number" - they work like game_save, but take care of pausing all the code

Examples:
saving_number("Test",1);
loading_number("Test",1);

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!