Quote:
I have problems to understand the basic difference in the examples. I have maybe a choice between opposing a dictator or not, but I have no choice between believing in a god or not, or between being male and of Egyptian ancestry or not. And even if I had a choice, it's still mass murder as far as I understand. But maybe I'm just stupid. Can you help?
Well first of all you shouldnt call yourself stupid even if everyone seems to agree with you. grin

Secondly there seems to be a lot of things taken out of context and distorted, but thats ok. In the spirit of "assuming an opposite viewpoint is true.." I will say that lets assume that you are right and there is little difference from punishment and mass-murder, lets look at your example:

Hitler wanted a new race and to annihilate all of his enemies and believed that the 3rd reich would be a 1000 year reign.

Jesus wants a new race (the Christians) and wants to annihilate all His enemies and wants to set up an eternal reign over all peoples.

The enemies and victims in both cases do not have much of a choice, one cannot help being born a enemy of the 3rd reich, and I suppose that in a sort of way one cannot help not believing in the God of the Bible.

So, following your line of reasoning, where does that leave everyone?

I dont understand the conclusions we are supposed to make: Is God evil or is Hitler good?

But I am only following your reasoning, I am only assuming that your right in the same way you have 'assumed that God exists'

if your right I still dont see any reason to reject God. If I was a Jew in Nazi Germany I could try to escape, but if I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God there IS_NO_ESCAPE, I must repent or die, there are no other options.