..and who's better for that job than Douglas Adams himself..

Here's what I'm referring to.. It's a joke from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and coincidentally another funny nail to the whole Bible Coffin:

"Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindboggingly useful could have evolved
purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching proof of the non-existence
of God.
"The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist,"says God, "for proof denies faith, and
without faith I am nothing.'
"But,"says Man, "The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves
you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
"Oh dear,"says God, "I hadn't thought of that,"and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy,"says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that red is green and gets himself killed
on the next road crossing.

The whole thing popped to my head on Alberto's/JulzMighty talk about faith in another thread but I decided it would be way too off-topic to post it there. By the way, for anyone who hasn't read HGTTG, you can replace the words "Babel Fish" with "Human Beings".

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!