Originally Posted By: AlbertoT
Because I can not even figure out a God of love who decided to create a universe populated by people who will suffer for the eternity, even though he knew it from the very beginning
After all , He was not obliged to create human kind
It is such a mostruosity that the most important Christian comunity, the catholic churce refute the predestination
The point is that the Catholic church is wrong
This is exactly what it is written in the Bible
I suppose that now it is clear why I suppose that most of the christians have never read the Bible

We have, but we draw different conclusions. That's why there sadly are many different Christian factions that all believe in the savior Jesus Christ, but believe in fundamentally different gods.

As a European Protestant I believe that God loves us as described in the New Testament, and God did never kill innocent children. The story in the Bible is just a parable for expressing Gods superiority over other gods, in that case, the Egyptian gods.

There is a historic kernel to the story of the Hebrew exodus from Egypt, there was indeed a Hebrew tribe in Egypt, the Hyksos, and they even governed Egypt for a while. But the story of killed children is not historical, otherwise it would certainly have been mentioned in the Egyptian chronicles, so I have to accept that it never happened and a loving God would never do such a thing. A loving God would also never send people to hell that just happen not to believe - thats utter nonsense. God loves anyone, Christians, Muslims and Atheists likewise. That is the greatness of God.

But some Christian factions really believe in a lesser god that kills children because it fits, as you correctly say, the description in the Old Testament. So you have literal bible believing Christians with a children killing god, and non literal bible believing Christians, the majority I think, with a loving God. That are two different gods.

This is just to explain the contradiction between mainstream Christian belief and some passages in some books of the Old Testament.