AlbertoT, the Christian faith is based on the Bible, that's agreed by all Christian factions, but they do not agree on how to interpret the Bible. Most Christians see the bible as a work inspired by God, containing human thoughts about God, moral advices, poesy, parables, fables, and literature. They certainly dont see it as a history book and dont think that the fables really happened.

This has nothing to do with what I like in the Bible or not. It has all to do with what the Bible is and how it is meant to be understood.

The Bible was inspired by God, but written by humans, with all their weaknesses, errors and in the context of their society, and often hundreds of years after the events that they describe, when the events are already faded behind fables and legends. You are wrong when you think Christians are forced to believe the Bible is a history book. Most Christians accept logic, history and science like anyone else. I suppose you are an Atheist or Agnostic, but if you ask your local pastor, he'll probably patiently explain to you how Christians normally understand the Bible. If you want to learn more, I recommend the Yale Bible course

http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies

by Professor Christine Hayes, a Christian and Theologist. The Bible course is free downloadable.

Sadly the 'history book' belief by some Christians is used by Atheists to show that Christian faith is immoral, which it isn't.